Wednesday 12 October 2011

And the studying begins.....

The Anniversary ManR.J. Ellory...such an inspirational writer. I have just finished reading one of his books, 'The Anniversary Man' . The way he writes is so clever, he describes places, people, objects in such a poetic way you cant put the book down! His work is mainly detective/thriller stories which normally I dont tend to read, but I have read almost every book of his so far.
Between reading Othello for my current Reading and Studying Literature course, I am reading his current book 'Saints of New York'. Already gripped!

Just trying to get back into the swing of studying, which is hard when I've had 3 months of doing nothing except work my day job - and partime at that too! But now I am trying to get my head down for Creative Writing and Reading & Studying Literature courses (with the Open University). I thought creative writing would be a breeze...but it isnt!! More than anything, it really tests you on your confidence.. I need to write a short story of 750 word, and I havent even started because I keep thinking, it wont be very good. I get 3 lines into it and the inner critisism begins.

I think I have to throw myself into it, and see what comes out at the end. I have to stop thinking so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment